Offshore Wind Power Project Director – Japan
Our client is looking to recruit a Project Director to be based in their Tokyo office for a minimum secondment of six months, ideally 12 months, with the potential for this period being extended by mutual agreement. A permanent role can also be discussed.
Specific requirements for the role:
· A deep understanding of the development of offshore wind farms, gained through relevant hands on experience in Europe and/or Asia;
· Overseeing a multi-national development team to deliver development plans across the portfolio of projects including resourcing and budget planning;
· Proactively managing the development process including identifying key risks to project delivery and managing budget and funding to minimise potential losses due to delays or failure to secure projects;
· Proven commercial
· skills in negotiating contracts and involvement in successful negotiations relating to contract variations;
· Scoping and selection of owner's engineers, legal advisers and other technical advisers or consultants for renewable energy projects;
· Demonstrable preference for working in an entrepreneurial environment; superior analytical and numerical skills; and
· High commercial acumen and solid verbal and written communication skills.
Additional experience and skills which would be beneficial for the role but are not a mandatory requirement include:
· Construction project management experience;
· Operational management of renewable energy projects;
· Managing power or renewable energy projects from development stage through to construction which have successfully secured non-recourse project finance;
· International experience, particularly in Japan and/or Asia;
· Ability to speak and read Japanese is not essential but would be considered favourably.